Friday, December 05, 2008

A Few More

Haven't been spending too much more time on cards, but I did make a few more. Thought I'd share.
Had a nice Thanksgiving. We went to my sister's house and spent a few days with them. On Saturday night she and her husband offered to watch Jackson for us and let Anthony and I go out for a few hours. That was soooo nice. It'd been a very long time since we'd had any alone time. Living where we do and not knowing anyone, we don't have a babysitter we'd trust, so the little man's always in tote. ;-) So the offer from my sister was such a blessing. We just went and shopped for a little while. Anthony found a new Bible that he wants. We'll see about that for Christmas. Shhhhh..... And I found a pair of boots and a coat. OK, OK, I know how that sounds, he finding a Bible and me shoes, but living up here, I really do need a pair of boots and my coat is WAY not warm enough to handle these winters. Anthony and Jackson both have really warm coats, but I didn't get one yet, so it's justified. tee hee.

I'm a little disturbed about the recent happening in Washington state. The governor has allowed a sign to be placed next to the nativity scene in the state capitol. The sign is extremely offensive and there's just no reason for it. I believe in freedom of speech and I think if atheists feel a need to put up a sign in the state capitol, that's fine. But I believe this sign is inflammatory and has the potential to incite violence from people ignorant enough to allow themselves to get upset enough over it. Then, guess what. It'll be something else atheists will be able to point to when justifying the very contents of that sign. Anyway, the sign says this: "“At this season of the winter solstice, let reason prevail. There are no gods, no devils, no heaven or hell. There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.” You see what I mean? They put something infuriating up like this, the wrong people see it and get upset and do something stupid, they have another reason to point the finger at "Christians" and say they were right all along. "Just another bunch of hard-hearted religious ignoramuses."

The group who put up this plaque is the Freedom From Religion Foundation and uses the Establishment Clause, which basically says government isn't allowed to establish a religion for our nation, as their justification. And neither would we want the government to do so. But what bothers me is it seems their goal is to eliminate religion from our nation. The problem with that is the very Clause they use to validify their cause also states that government shall not prohibit its citizens from the free exercise of religion. Seems clear cut to me. Practice what you will, but leave us be to do the same.

Prayer. A close relationship with God. We'd all better have that at this tumultuous time of society because it's all coming to a close and the ones who have the audacity to flaunt such a plaque against God's chosen will wish they'd listened just a little closer to the inner Voice that called for them to repent and to the voices of all His followers who reached out and tried to persuade them to change their ways.

Alright. 'Nuff 'bout that.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, folks, I'll blog again in, oh, another week and a half or so. Just teasing. I'm going to try to blog more often.

I can finally say it . . . MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! I love this time of year. :D

8 comments:

Kasey said...

amen! Merry CHRISTmas!!!

mandie said...

Love your cards Amy! I can't wait to have the time to make cards. Thomas is 10 months so let see... that mean I'll have to wait about...4 years :) (j/k) Interesting stuff about WA. Thanks for passing it on. Something to pray for that's for sure.

Erika J. said...

yes, i read about the sign beside the nativity scene. that's sad as well and just shows the state of america. we should be allowed to put a sign beside the sign that beside the nativity sign stating how we feel. haha.

Momma Tammi said...

Did ya hear that THAT sign got stolen yesterday? It is back in its place now though. I don't mind them having their sign, but put it somewhere else in the capital building rather than right next to the nativity. We have a dork for a governor.

I really like the bottom card on the right. That is a lot of detailed cutting. Did you do that by hand or do you have something that does it for you?

~Amy said...

CHRISTmas. Amen, Kasey. :D

Mandie, YOU'RE BACK in blogsville. ;-) I'm soooo happy about that. I know what you mean about not having time to do those things. I have to sneak in time to do mine. ;-)

I agree, Erika, TOTALLY!!! Let's do that.

I did hear about that, Sister Tammi. Yep. Next to the nativity is just inflammatory. No, I don't do those by hand. I use my Cricut. I choose the design and colors, let the Cricut cut it out, then I piece it together.

I always said I wouldn't do cards, that I'd just focus on the scrapbooking to keep up with Jackson's events, but when I got this particular cartridge for my Cricut, I just couldn't resist trying a card or two. Now I'm hooked. GREAT!!! Something else I don't have time to do. HA!

Momma Tammi said...

Which cricut cartridge are you using? I just got a cricut and am having a blast with it, but I've only got the George Basic cartridge that came with it...I'm looking for others that I might find useful.

~Amy said...

It's the Stretch Your Imagination cartridge. Don't buy your cartridges in the store. This particular one sells at Wal Mart for $60!!!! Crazy expensive.I bought mine on ebay brand new for $32, including shipping!!!! Can't beat half off.

Have fun. They really are a blast. Wish we lived closer; we could visit each other and scrapbook together.

Momma Tammi said...

UGH! We live half a country apart otherwise I would take you up on the getting together to scrapbook. Thanks for the insight on the cartridge purchases. Michaels' had them on sale (Black Friday) for $29.99...by the time I found out...they were all gone.