Monday, December 22, 2008

So What Exactly Are Ya'll Trying NOT to Say????

Not many comments on my glasses pictures. Hmmmm.... Makes ya wonder just how terrible you think I look. ;-) just teasing My husband likes the way I look, and that's what matters. ;-)

Jackson got a Christmas present last night. I know, I know, but we kind of had no choice. See, the box is HUGE and no way was it fitting in our car with all our luggage, unless maybe we put Jackson on the roof. But since that's illegal, we had to choose between giving it to him now or him having to wait until after Christmas. Well, it stinks to have to wait until after Christmas when you're a kid, soooooo.... last night it was. Besides, I was in the mood for using some power tools, anyway, so Mom got in on the fun, too. :D

He got a new Lifestyles Partytime Kitchen. Now before you go making judgments and comments and crying outrage about a boy getting a play kitchen, I want you all to think about all the swell male chefs out there that I know you enjoy watching on TV. Come on .... Bobby Flay, Tyler Florence, Emeril Lagasse, etc., etc. I know you watch 'em. So there's nothing sissy about it!!!! (That's what won the debate with Anthony on this one.)

Anyway, he loves it!!! He's made me pancakes for breakfast and spaghetti for supper. Steak and chicken and mashed potatoes and macaroni, and even a salad have also been on the menu. And the set is really super-cool. It's got a built-in microwave that has sounds and a working light on the stove hood, a real clock, "stainless" appliances, and a "granite" countertop. Even a cordless phone. The kid's got a better kitchen than I do. HA! Anyway, it's very neutral in decor so there's nothing feminine or sissy so no worries there. It's just fun.

Last night while I was in there with the power drill and screwdrivers and batteries and stuff (I love doing that kind of stuff), Anthony was working in the living room on something for work and had a Christmas program of some sort on. Well, the program started playing the Peanuts theme music and Jackson recognized it immediately, Anthony said, as the "Charlie Brown" music. Wow! I thought that was great! I remember when I was pregnant, I'd pray he'd be musically talented and I keep seeing signs that lead me to believe the Lord answered that prayer. We are seriously considering getting him started on piano lessons soon. I know he's only four, but many people start their children out this early. Maybe this summer we can look into it--that and t-ball. I just pray he shown an interest in learning as well as the aptitude.

Does anyone else's kid do this? I just went in there to put him down for a nap, and he'd gotten all prepared for nap time ... 15+ toys stashed under his covers ready for his "naptime enjoyment". What's up with that? *rolling eyes* What a goof.

Alright, I need to go start packing for our trip. Leaving in the morning. :D Yippeeee!!!!

Merry Christmas, everybody.

4 comments:

Pam said...

I don't think it is sissy at all. Boys need to learn to cook also, and you are right there are some really good chefs out there.

~Amy said...

That's right, Sister Pam. :D Thanks for the affirmation.

Vicki Smith said...

Spending the night in Knoxville??? You know if you drive just one hour further you can have a room at the Smith Inn on the outskirts of Cleveland, for FREE. :-)
BTW, I like your glasses. Both pairs. :-D

Momma Tammi said...

Whether he becomes a chef or not...all boys ought to know their way around a kitchen and how to use the things in it...not just the microwave. Besides...in the old days (long before my time) all chefs were male...they wouldn't let a woman be a chef. Nothing wrong with a boy playing in the kitchen.