Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Four Eyes"

Well, I have joined the ranks ... the ranks of those who need assistance with their vision. I had been noticing lately that my vision far away has been getting somewhat blurry and after much nagging from my dear sweet hubby, I finally made an appointment to get it checked out. Yep. Need glasses. I've never needed anything before ... always had great vision. But I guess that blessing can't always last for everybody.

My mom told me she can't believe I haven't needed them before now. My two brothers and my sister AND my mom are all pretty near blind without theirs, so I guess the family genes finally caught up with me. My dad just uses them for reading, but that's a recent thing, so I just assumed I had his genes in the optical department. Now I guess not. I just wish they weren't so expensive. I went to one of those places that's buy one pair get one free with free eye exam, but the one pair was expensive enough. I was looking at the price they had written on the frames ... about $150, so I was thinking not too bad, right? Au contrare. Didn't know there's a whole other charge for the lenses. With scratch protection, I ended up paying $270 total. Yikes! I've talked with some people who have glasses and they've assured me that's about normal so I feel a little better, but I'm kind of a tightwad, so that just seemed like a lot to me.

I go pick them up tomorrow. Maybe I'll have Anthony take a pic and post it so y'all can see what they look like. I got the Sarah Palin rectangles. With my round face, it was the only thing that was working for me.

Well, good night, all.

8 comments:

Mouseketeer Deitz said...

FOUR EYES??!! Too funny. I guess you won't be making those little remarks to the rest of us intellectial people that already have them.

~Amy said...

I don't recall making little remarks to anybody about their glasses. :P

~Amy said...

BTW, it's intellectUal. *ahem*

:-P

Erika J. said...

i know all about thinking you've escaped the 4 eye curse. i didn't need glasses until 2003. my whole family had them much of their life and i thought for sure that i was going to be the one blessed enough to not need them. boy, was i wrong! i barely need them but i too have the blurriness far away so they are good for driving - especially at night.

~Amy said...

That's what the doc said. It'll mostly help me when I'm trying to do things at night, especially when I'm driving.

Rebekah Doran said...

I've needed glasses ever since the 2nd grade. My eyesight is pretty bad. I have to have ultra thin lenses so they don't slide down my nose all the time. You are blessed that you went so long without having to have them. :)

Kasey said...

Im sure you will look great!!

marshasblog said...

You'll have to take a picture of yourself and post it!! I want to see Amy with glasses!! LOL!! I"ve had glasses for a long time, but hardly ever wear them..I'd much rather squint and look like a retard! LOL!! Seriously, I do need to wear them more.