Sunday, December 21, 2008

11 below, Ice, and No Church

We are homebound today. Our pastor said the roads are big sheets of ice and the temp is 11 below. Brrrr...... He said if anyone slid off the road, they'd freeze to death, so he wasn't taking any chances. Looks like an extended devotion's on the agenda for today at the Dyer house.

Jackson ended up in our bed again last night. Grrr.... I thought we'd gotten past this, and it hadn't been happening for quite a while, but he woke up crying really hard and wouldn't tell us why. Whaddaya do? I was sooooo sleepy last night, so I just gave in. I know, I know. Uhhhh.... we'll try again tonight.

I found out I'm getting more classes next semester at Ivy Tech. I'm pretty excited about that. Jackson will go to daycare 2-3 days a week and I'll get to stay home with him the other days, which I love. Where I work is very close to the hotel, and we found a great daycare kind of between the two of us, so that's perfect. Jackson really needs the interaction with other kids and we don't have kids at church, so this fills that need and still allows me to stay home with him part of the week. God is so good.

We leave Tuesday. We're spending the night in Knoxville on the way down and then we'll spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with Anthony's parents and take in Rock City Christmas lights one of those nights, then we'll go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg for Friday, Sat., and Sunday, heading back on Monday. I am really excited about our getaway. We're trying to decide what all we'll do while we're there, but it's usually a spur-of-the-moment decision in that area. And the bummer is miniature golf is out because of the weather. We used to always play miniature golf any time we went to Pigeon Forge (we LOVE to play miniature golf), but that won't be happening this time. Unless, of course, we find an indoor one. Hmmm.....

Alright, time to get some more things done.

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Stay warm! I'm not sure what the temp is outside, but we have been having hurricane strength winds whipping all of that snow around, which means white out visibility, so we don't have church today either. It is snowing again and we are supposed to get freezing rain tonight. Not sure a white Christmas is worth the aggravation. Oh well...what can ya do? Have a safe trip and a very Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy,

Just a thought, but perhaps on days like this you could get with the Musselmans and attend their mission right there in Elkhart. They could use the fellowship and encouragement when you get the opportunity.

Love ya!
James

~Amy said...

Sister Tammi, we've had similar winds the past day or two as well. Boy, they really cut into you when you're outside.

James! Hello there, stranger. You know, someone told us that the Musselmans no longer had services in Elkhart and since they don't attend Niles, I just assumed that maybe they'd moved because there isn't another church anywhere close that I know of. Hmmm... should've researched that one a little more carefully. Like, maybe I should've called headquarters. *rolling eyes* I feel like such a dip. NOT A WORD, Sir! ;-)

Maybe after Christmas we'll try to look them up.

Merry Christmas!!! :D