Sunday, September 10, 2006

Just got some really sad news ...

My cousin called me today. She told me that a girl I used to go to church with in COGOP was in a car accident yesterday and passed away. Ach! She was only, like, 20 or 21. They said she crossed the middle line and hit a car head-on. I'm not sure if she was sleepy or what, but it just breaks my heart. I was pretty close with her family at one time. I'd go to their house after church and we'd play games until pretty late. I even went on a couple of dates with her older brother. WAY BEFORE I GOT MARRIED, BTW. Anyway, they said Kathy (her mom) is not doing well. She died at 2 in the afternoon and she wouldn't leave the hospital room until around 7 o'clock yesterday. They were a very close-knit family. She home-schooled her girls and all. She has another daughter, Deborah, 17. Sarah (the girl who passed away) had just been married for about two years. No children yet, so that's one thing. But, oh, she'll be missed. She could sing and play the guitar. She was a really pretty girl. It's hard to believe. I need to find out the arrangements because I'll definitely need to go. They live close.

Anyway, I guess I'm rambling a bit, but it seems like people do that when they get news like this. Ya'll take care. Good night.

3 comments:

Hershey Bar said...

Sis Amy~
Hey, I found your blog! I met you at BTI many years ago...do you remember? So sorry to hear about your friend.
Prayers.

~Amy said...

Yes, Jaclyn, I do remember. It has been a long time, huh. It's so good to "hear" from you.

Thanks for the prayers from ya'll. I went to the viewing tonight. It was really hard. Sister Kathy, her mom, was just sitting there unable to even make eye contact with anyone. It really hurts to see her that way, but I can't even imagine what she's going through.

marshasblog said...

I hate to hear that...It is always sad when someone passes away but it seems so hard when it is a young person. A couple of weeks ago a boy I went to elementary school on up to graduation was on a Comair Plane that crashed here in Kentucky. Even though I haven't seen him since Graduation it is so hard to believe that he is actually gone. I feel for these young peoples parents..I know it has to be devastating. Our hearts and prayers are going out to them.