Tuesday, September 26, 2006

It's a Miracle

Some of you may have read a recent post where I made a reference to a boy on my newspaper staff who lost a $600 camera at a football game weekend before last. It was pretty traumatic because, well, it was a $600 camera. I prayed really hard, but by this time was convinced that it was probably a lost cause. I was actually getting ready to start calling area pawn shops with the serial numbers, assuming it'd been stolen.

Well, this morning the secretaries showed up at my classroom door with huge smiles on their faces. Springfield Central High, where the camera was lost, called and said they'd found the camera and the principal was holding it for safekeeping. It just so happened that our principal was in Springfield today (almost two hours away) and was able to swing by and pick it up.

God is so good. I was beginning to feel responsible for the incident and ready to tell the principal that I'd pay for half of the reimbursement cost--in several payments, anyway. I am so grateful for this answered prayer. Our God is awesome!!!! :-)

3 comments:

Hershey Bar said...

Yeah! That is great. You know, I left my wallet in a shopping cart at Albertson's on evening and I called the next day and nothing was turned in. But just as I gathered all my personal info, and credit/debt cards to cancel, etc. I get a call from Albertson's saying one of the employees found it in a cart that was left outside ALL night. I was really, thanking God for that!

~Amy said...

Do you mean Albertson's grocery store? No, we don't. Why? What's up?

Hershey Bar said...

OH, sorry Meg...that was when I lived in the real world. (OR)