Monday, September 04, 2006

Ever Feel Like Ya Wanna' Throw the Computer Out a Window?

Well, I've been trying to change the template (or is it skin?) on my blog and I've gotten really close several times, but I'm still doing something wrong. I found the website where some of you got your templates (or is it skin?) and followed the directions and it even said it had uploaded successfully but when I viewed my blog, everything looked just white and there was a square at the top that said photobucket had removed the image!!!!! Who does photobucket think he is, anyway? I tell ya'. If there are any adept bloggers out there who have a few minutes who could give me an idea of what I might be goofing up, I'd be very grateful for some advice.

Well, I hear we have a new General Overseer. I thank God for that. And I couldn't think of a finer man. I've always held high respect for Bro. Smith and his family. I feel safe knowing he's been chosen because he's definitely an anointed man of God and has a humble heart like Brother Pruitt. My mother-in-law said she felt God's approval very strongly. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness to His Church. I also heard of what the Church is going to do for the Pruitts. I think it's wonderful; what a neat way to honor a man whose done so much for the Church.

I also hear there was a new denomination organized this weekend. I don't quite know what to say about that except that I had hoped that situation would have turned out a different way with repentance and reconciliation. Maybe all's not lost with all of them.

On a lighter note, let me tell you what my little angel did Friday when we got home. I set the diaper bag and my purse and my lunch bag and my school bag down in my bedroom, closed the door, put him in his room and ran to use the restroom because I couldn't wait. While I was in there, Jackson walked out of his room, through the living room to my door, opened my door, went into my room, got into his diaper bag, pulled out his Tylenol Cough and Cold medicine which has a childproof lid, opened the lid, and dumped almost the entire bottle on the carpet IN MY BEDROOM. Well, when I was finished I went to get all my bags to put them away, and Jackson was standing there with his arms straight out in front of him and the bottle turned upside down in both of his little bitty hands watching the pretty red stream of medicine ooze out of the bottle. As soon as he saw me, his face went sullen (and quite ashen) and he dropped the bottle and just stood there with his eyes wide. Oh, my, if spankings were rated on a scale of 1 to 10, ... (Note: He did the same thing with shampoo the other day only THAT was in the living room.) WE HAVE GOT TO GET SOME OF THOSE DOORKNOB THINGIES.

Anyway, after I calmed down and got most of it up, I took a look at the lid and, unless the babysitter didn't screw it back on tightly, (which is unlikely; she's a very conscientious person) I don't have a clue how he got the thing open. I sometimes have a little trouble getting it open. Of course, this is the same kid who at 10 months old took a nightlight from the outlet and COMPLETELY UNSCREWED THE LIGHT BULB. AT 10 MONTHS OLD!!!!!

Anyone out there have any magic housekeeping tricks to get a bright pink stain out of our LANDLORD'S cream-colored carpet? (Yeah, we rent.) I've tried carpet cleaner stuff. Didn't work completely. My sister suggested a very diluted mixture of bleach water. I'll do that if I have to but I'd rather not have a white spot right there if I can get by without doing that. So I'll wait and hopefully somebody can give me an idea.

Anticipating great things from you more experienced housekeepers out there,

Amy ; \

3 comments:

wemmies said...

Try a baking soda paste. :D

Leaning on the Beloved said...

Sister Amy,

We missed you at the Assembly!
I like to use SHOUT on stains...

Love and prayers,
Sis Amy Bogoni

~Amy said...

Amy!!!! How are you? Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen ya. Hope all's well. :-)