Friday, August 29, 2008

AK Governor Sarah Palin!!! I'm so excited!!!

What a shocker, but I think it's a good one! She's socially conservative, which, contrary to some people's beliefs, I am STAUNCHLY socially conservative. But I'm also an advocate for women's rights to lead as it is appropriate. Sometimes there needs to be a little leaven thrown into the mix, and the right woman can give different viewpoints and see situations with a different slant that could be helpful to men when ascertaining the necessary solution. I think it's absolutely the right pick. A woman who's been married to the same man for 20 years; has five children, one of whom serves our nation in the military and the youngest of whom is a 4-month old little boy with Down's Syndrome; is pro-life and committed to overthrowing Roe vs. Wade; and has a backbone. I mean, this woman began as a member of the local PTO and rose quickly to City Council, City Mayor, and then Governor of Alaska. Once there, she sought out ways to truly "serve" the people who elected her. She scoped out political corruption in the oil industry in AK and had the perpetrators jailed, she stood against government overspending and shut down unnecessary and failing programs. She even sold the state's private jetliner and flies commercial or drives herself, saving the state TONS of money. And she put much of that money back in the pockets of Alaskan citizens where it belongs. She also works "across the aisle" to get things done. She even appoints Democrats to her Cabinet when she feels they have the "right idea" of working with a "servant's heart." She has an approval rating in the high 80% range, which is almost unheard of. I think it's GREAT!!!! Wooo hooooo!!!!! Hats off to John McCain and to Sarah Palin.

7 comments:

marshasblog said...

They've got my vote!! Go McCain/Palin...I'm so excited too!!

~Amy said...

Marsha, you're back!!!!

Isn't it exciting? I was just thrilled when I saw the news!!!

Hey!!!! When are you going to call me, lady? ;D I never did get your phone number when we talked on Angie's phone during the Assembly. Do you need mine again?

amunoz917 said...

Hey Amy maybe this will open the door for you to become vice president some day. In your free time you could start your campaign. :)I would vote 4 u.

Mouseketeer Deitz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mouseketeer Deitz said...

I don't think we need another Vice President that can't spell. So if you run for VP I don't think I could vote for you. Especially since a certain college professor corrected another's blog for spelling but has a spelling error of her own. (Hint: It's a Biblical word.) Gotcha! :OP

~Amy said...

I don't know what you're talking about, Annette, but I do know that you still haven't fixed your spelling of Mouseketeer ... on a couple of different counts.

Rebekah Doran said...

That is so exciting!