Thursday, October 02, 2008

Tea Towels

First of all, I don't know if everybody missed the post of my cousin's new baby girl, but she's gorgeous. Scroll down and take a look. ;-)


And here are the pictures of some tea towels my grandma made for me when I got married. Aren't they cute? Sister Smith said she was working on some right now so I dug mine out to take pics of mine. (They were in storage so they're a little wrinkly.)


She also made a quilt for me that I'll show off some time. And several baby blankets for Jackson. They're so cute. My favorite is one that she took the blocks from a quilt she'd made for me when I was born and reset them in blue for a quilt for Jackson. I'll have to show those, too.
I subbed today and Jackson went to preschool. And wouldn't you know it? The kid's been with me since late May so I thought it'd be hard this morning dropping him off. Nope. Gave me a hug and went on his merry little way, ready to start the day!!!! I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped. But I was glad that he didn't cry (even though my feelings were a little hurt). Silly mom stuff. Why are we like that, girls? But to add insult to injury, when I came to pick him up, he threw a fit. Did NOT want to leave!!!! How do you handle THAT as a mom?
And tomorrow I guess I'm subbing for a Middle School PE class. Ugh! PE is NOT my cup of tea. (The rhyme wasn't intentional.) And I'm not too crazy about middle school, either, but, hey, it's only for the day so I'll get through it.
Welp, I've gotta' go. There's a couple loads of laundry and a very messy little boy's room calling my name. Have a good evening, all.

4 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Those tea towels are very cute!

I'm guessing that seeing all those other kids to play with is why Jackson was glad to be able to stay there and wasn't to thrilled about leaving. Kids love playing with other kids. :)

Have you been able to look into that MOPS group yet?

~Amy said...

I did find out that there is a MOPS group in our town. But I've been homebound until just recently when we were able to renew our car license plates so I haven't even called about it. Maybe I'll be able to check on it next week. It does look like a neat program. Thanks for telling me about it. :D

Rachel said...

Those are too cute! It's sad that our generation has lost the creativity of handwork like that.

Vicki Smith said...

My mom has that same transfer pattern, and I'm pretty sure I saw it at WalMart recently. It's a special treasure to have handmade stuff from your grandma. How neat!