Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh, the Weather Outside is Frightful ...

That's right. It finally came tonight. Last night it never did. They called for it, but it didn't happen. I got up a few times to look out the window and check. No dice. Tonight on my way home from my class, however, I enjoyed the sight of big, fluffy flakes of the white stuff, folks. It was sooooo pretty. And thrilling. I was sooo excited. It did lay on the roads a little, but it was too wet to stay. By the time I got home it had stopped snowing and had melted. I almost got sad and THEN I remembered that I now live in Winter Wonderland, USA, and we'd have more before long, so I was just happy inside for the beautiful glimpse I got tonight.

However .... are you ready for this ...

it's supposed to do it again tomorrow, but only for a while and I think it'll be too warm to stay. Hey, I'm enjoying the sight of it. :D

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. * *
** ** *** * * * **** **** **
**** ** * * **** * **** *** ** * *
* * *** * * * **** *** * ** ** **
** ** * **** *** ** *** ** ** **

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I LOVE the snow! I miss it so much. Brother Smith tells me it's supposed to dip below freezing in Cleveland tonight, but no snow in the forcast. They said it snowed once last year but we were out of town and missed it. :-(

Rebekah Doran said...

Cool! It hasn't snowed here yet. I can't say that I am sad that it hasn't because I have a garden that still needs to cleaned up. I'm glad that you enjoying your snow though.

Montgomery's said...

Hello Amy! I just happen to check Becki's blog comments. God is working here, but our people have been doing a lot of work too. I heard we currently do not have a work in KS. Wish we had a church there. I know Sis. Clemens is still there, and that's the only one person I know of. I would like to go see her. Bro. Chris has talked about some mission trips and I too would like to see MO grow, help be sent up there. Especially to see the northern AR churches help out. We are gettting some support from AR churches because we are asking for the support. Russelville is not far from us. We send the information out, and those who can come, come. Plus, half of them are my family and they'll use anything to come see us. It's just a bonus to be working for the Lord as well. We will keep MO in our prayers and pray that peoples hearts will be stirred to help out and give you a boost. Plan something for your church, invite churches from AR that are close by, make it a fellowship day, a fun day. Get the word out. Keep praying! There's an inflow coming soon!

~Amy said...

The snow was nice, but we haven't seen any more of it yet. I'm sure it won't be long. ;-)

Sister Amy, actually we moved from MO just recently to northern Indiana, just a few minutes from the MI line. While we lived in MO, the northern AR churches and we did try to get something going, but it never seemed to work out. I don't know. There were always problems. I just know that the potential there is HUGE. I appreciate your prayers for the state. It's my home state, so it just holds a special place in my heart.

Montgomery's said...

I'm sorry, I didn't know you moved. It's been a long time since I've looked at any blogs. I do good to post my own. I know what you mean by your home state holding a special place in your heart. That's how I feel about AR.

I just found out that one of our mission trips from our youth will be in MO sometime in June. I'm not sure which church just yet.

I hope you and your family are doing good.