Tuesday, September 02, 2008

My Kid is the Weird One!

Last night I made an Olive Garden salad to go with our vegetable lasagna for supper. Well, we sat down to eat and I put a little bit of the salad on Jackson's plate. The kid really likes salad, but I didn't think he'd like the dressing (you know, he normally only eats Ranch or French or some other kid-friendly dressing). Well, I was right. He didn't like the dressing ... but he did like the black olives. Sat there and ate like three or four and asked for more!!! Now, how many kids do you know who like whole pitted black olives? Weird kid.

Oh, and, Houston, we have a problem! For the past several nights, Jackson has been sneaking into our room and getting in our bed. He's so good at it that some of those nights I don't even know it until I wake up the next morning and see the little rug rat next to me all snuggled down in the covers. Usually I do know it but I'm having a horrible time forcing myself to wake up enough to take him back to his bed. Well, last night before I went to bed, I determined that when he did come in our bed, I was going to make myself take him back to his. I mean, this has GOT to stop. Well, I did, and boy, was it ever a fight. Had to take the little twerp back to his bed THREE more times. Kicking and screaming and carrying on the whole way. The last time I rocked him in the rocking chair and sang the little lullaby I've sung to him since he was a newborn, laid him down, and prayed with him, and that's all it took! He was fine after that and went to sleep. Now why didn't I do that the FIRST time? Why? Because I wasn't awake enough is why. I think I'm getting old. Last year this time I could wake up at the drop of a hat and be on my feet. Now it's like you'd need to drag me into the shower and turn on the cold water full-throttle and I MIGHT wake up. Ugh. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

Also, I'm getting worried about something else with him. The kid's almost four years old and doesn't really have a friend and, of course, doesn't have any siblings around to play with. There's just me and then his daddy when he gets home. And before anyone says or thinks anything, we DO want more children, I just have some health issues that kind of prevent that right now. I'm praying for healing from this. Please pray for me. I want God to heal me. I've tried doctors and they don't know what to do except they want to put me on the pill and I refuse to do that. Anyway, I'm done with doctors on this one. I'm just waiting on the Lord. Back to Jackson, I think he needs some friends. Some playmates. I think he's lonely and that's partly why he acts the way he does sometimes. It breaks my heart. So I'm praying for the Lord to send a family to the Church up here who has some kids Jackson could play with. Will ya help me pray for that too?

Well, gotta go. I've got some papers to grade for my night class I teach, a little bit of laundry to do, and some phone calls to make. Not to mention the kitchen. I sort of let it go after supper last night because it was so hot in there from the oven being on for so long baking that lasagna. Now I'm kicking myself because I've got the mess to clean up today. At least I cleaned the rest of the house over the weekend. Ahhhh, that feels good to know. Oh, and I've got to take the rent check over to the office. THAT's very important to remember. ha!

Have a good day, all.

8 comments:

Erika J. said...

I understand about the friend thing. Kailee has a little sister but all she seems to be good for is tormenting. haha. Kailee needs some friends her age too.

Unknown said...

how do you make the dressing for the olive garden salad?

jackson is a sweetie, but i can understand you not wanting him to crawl into bed with you. does he kick?

Rachel said...

I'll pray for a God-sent friend for Jackson. I've always said that I'd rather have one QUALITY friend than many who would be a detriment to me.

AND I'm praying for your womb to be opened again, if it's God's will! I think maybe God doesn't grant biological children sometimes, to push them towards adoption when they might not have otherwise. Have y'all considered that? I totally understand wanting move kiddos though. God knows the desires of your heart!

AND good for you for refusing the pill! I'm sure you've probably seen the links I have on my blog. It just makes me sick to think about it.

~Amy said...

Erika and Rachel, thanks for praying with me about that.

Megan, yeah, he kicks like craaaazy. Impossible to sleep with that kid in the bed.

Rachel, we have thought about adoption. The Lord would really have to work a miracle with the finances part of it, though. It is sooooo expensive. And isn't it ridiculous that it is expensive? I just think that's sinful to charge for children. I know there's a little bit of cost involved and you have to pay the workers, but come on, tens of thousands of dollars for one kid. It's absurd. But God knows.

Kasey said...

I liked black olives :)

Rebekah Doran said...

Oh my kids LOVE black olives! Infact all the kids in our church loved those things. Growing in my brothers and I all loved them too. I still like them alot. :D Jackson's got some good taste there!

Alana and Moriah crawl into bed with us almost everynight. I generally don't even know until I wake up either. I kinda like sleeping with my girls. :) But I know in most families it is a big "no, no." We never let Elijah in bed with us, but the more kids we had and the more tired we were, the easier it was to let them get in bed and go right back to sleep than to try and get them to go and stay in their bed. If we didn't have our kids so close together, it might be a different story. Who knows?

Will be praying for a friend for Jackson. Is there a MOPS group out there that you could start meeting up with?

~Amy said...

That's funny. I guess it's more common for kids to like black olives than what I thought.

What is a MOPS group, Bekah?

Rebekah Doran said...

MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers. It is a Christain based group that is spread across the US and maybe farther. Here is the web address.

http://www.mops.org/page.php?pageid=84