Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Calling All Creative Thinkers!!!

I was hoping to enlist the help of some or all of you. Each year in my class I require the students to keep a journal. Well, this is my sixth year of teaching but my first year teaching high school, so I was wondering if I could get some suggestions for journal starters that are 11th-grade age-appropriate. It needs to be something that can be responded to with at least a paragraph or two. Can't wait to see the ideas. THANKS!!!!!!!!! :-)

4 comments:

Kasey said...

I know when I was in highschool and in 11th grade I had a few things on my mind. The opposite sex, and graduation. lol. Course I didn't get saved till halfway through, but thats neither here nor there. I would have them keep a journal about their goals, how they expect their lives to be, what they can do to accomplish those goals and make THEIR world a better place. I would also encourage them to right a log about daily things happening in their lives. It is always fun to read things later on in life and laugh at how silly you used to be!

btw, I didn't get your email. :(

~Amy said...

Thanks, Kasey. Those are some great thoughts that I'll definitely be using. I'll try to email you again.

Kasey said...

GRRRR I mean "write" a log. not right. Sorry.

~Amy said...

Wow! That's powerful. Thanks for the idea. I'll definitely do it and post the results or let ya know how it went. Very cool.