Monday, January 19, 2009

We got stuck!!!

I guess we're officially "dorks from the South who try but just can't master being snow gurus." We got stuck in the snow yesterday. Thankfully it was right in front of the church, but as we were turning the corner in front of the church onto the road WHICH HADN'T YET BEEN PLOWED our little car just STOPPED. Wheels spinning but goin nowhere. Anthony got out and tried to push while I tried to drive, but this snow was several inches deep, so it wasn't happening. We had to go get our pastor and a shovel and he showed us how to shovel out the snow from beneath and around our tires and then "rock" the car out.

Uh, fun.

Sister Smith!!! I just found out something that you and I can celebrate. Did you know that March 26 is the official "Make your own Holiday" holiday? HA! Way cool. We can make our own family triadition that must be observed every year ... on our birthday. I'm psyched. And the wheels are turning. Let me know what you think of. :D

alright here are some more ... January 10 is Positively Penguin Day, and the 26th is the National Peanut Brittle Day (as well as Chinese New Year). February 15 is National Gumdrop Day and the 26th is Tell a Fairy Tale Day. April 26 is National Pretzel Day. (Did you know that pretzels are believed to be the world's oldest snack?)May 2 is Brothers and Sisters Day and the 16th is Wear Purple for Peace Day. June 5 is the National Donut Day (Don't tell Anthony, anybody. ;0) And June 17 is Eat Your Vegetables Day. Cool, huh? I thought those were great tidbits. In the spirit of citing my sources, this information came from Family Magazine of Michiana.

There was something else I was going to post about, but I can't seem to remember what it was ... Maybe later. Right now I have to run to the hotel. My dorky husband forgot the safe key. *rolling eyes* So now I gotta' get back out in this cold weather. Already been out in it once today.

Well, TTYL, all. :D

10 comments:

marshasblog said...

Ha..sounds like you had an exciting trip to church yesterday...I'll have to remember the "rock" your car to get it unstuck..that sounds funny!! But hey, if it works...

Rebekah Doran said...

Your on your way to becoming a full blown Northern now! *grin* Jacob got stuck TWICE while we were in Havre. hee hee. I took the van out once by myself and Jacob told me not to get stuck. I told him that that was HIS job. lol

~Amy said...

It did work. HA!!! Back and forth, back and forth until you're free. :D

Don't tell Anthony we're almost Northerners, Rebekah. He'll immediately start packing us up and have us moved back to Chattanooga by mid-next week. HA!!! :-) Hey, if Jacob got stuck, then I don't feel so bad about us getting stuck. HA!

Mouseketeer Deitz said...

Okay, getting stuck in the snow I guess earns you a break this time. But what about you being the dork that got stuck in the mud in my driveway in AL. Mud... Snow...for some people it really doesn't matter. LOL You're such a southern dork stuck in the north. :o)

~Amy said...

ATTENTION, everybody!!!! You see what I put with being Annette's friend??? I don't know why I even associate with her.

Love ya, Annette.

Kasey said...

Tomorrows a holiday and i didnt even know it!

Kasey said...

Yeah, my bathroom is painted a jade/blue-ish color, with brown accents. I didnt really mean for it to be that color. I saw a color online I want, its like what I have, but with gray tints so its much more muted. And I want to change the brown shower curtain to white possibly. just thoughts :)

I would love for a traveling buddy should I ever be able to go, so come on!

cokelady said...

Maybe God's having you practice dealing with snowy weather in case He ever sends you... you know, somewhere else where it snows a lot! :-)

Love all of your holiday discoveries. Fun! Did you also know that January 19th is National Popcorn Day? The 22nd is Polka Dot Day, the 29th is National Puzzle Day, and the 27th is National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. (THAT sounds like a fun one to celebrate!) I bought the book "Every Day a Holiday" a year or two ago and actually used it in prep for my VLB service tonight. I am so not a Valentine's Day fan, so I discovered that February 14th is also the day that A.G. Bell had the telephone patented--we went with that! :-)

~sigh~ Useless information made into "holidays" is such fun!

Rachel said...

I wanna know WHY your husband is on facebook but you aren't? Get with it woman! It's such a fun way too keep in touch when one doesn't have time or oomph to blog. :-)

marshasblog said...

Hey!! Where did you go????? Now who is blogging more, huh?!?!?!

Come back to us!! We miss you!!! LOL