Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I'M BAAAAACKKKKK!!!!!

We moved. Again. And were able to get internet access. Again. So, after approximately 12 rounds of trying to remember my password and FINALLY getting it right, I'm back in business. Yay!!!!





I haven't been on the blogs in quite a while and am afraid I'm waaayyy behind on how everyone's doing. I'll try to revisit my old haunts and let everyone know I'm back. Hopefully I'll be able to find everyone's blog that I used to visit.





Well, as I mentioned, we did move again. This time we ventured north ... Indiana, to be exact. Anthony was promoted in his company and is managing a Comfort Suites in South Bend. He's actually been here since late March, but Jackson and I were finally able to get here just about two weeks ago. We're soooo happy that our family's back together. Those were the longest almost three months of my life. It was rough. I did get to make two trips up and Anthony got to come down a couple of times, but those trips were never long enough and almost made things worse when it was time for him (or me) to go back.





So we're ten minutes from the Michigan line and very close to Lake Michigan (less than an hour, from what I hear). Never dreamed we'd live this far north, but you just never know where God may take a person next. It's beautiful up here. And the weather's been just gorgeous. It's July and our hottest day so far has been 85, but for the most part it's stayed in the mid-70s. Wow!! Little humidity and mild temperatures in June and July!!!! I'm lovin' it!!! Yes, yes, I know what you're thinking. We'll pay for it this winter. I know. I'm dreading the winters up here and, frankly, almost scared of them. But we'll learn to manage. Somehow. :-/





We're getting ready to leave tomorrow for camp and our regional convention. Any tips on how to handle a 3 1/2-year old at camp would be greatly appreciated. I'm a little nervous about this. I'm teaching the senior campers, which should be fun. Brother Ammons has chosen some really neat literature. It's about being peacemakers and I've been reading the book The Peacemaker by Ken Sande. I highly recommend the book. It's quite poignant and sticks to Scripture really well. It's great teaching fodder. I'm excited about the teaching part. The part about having a very challenging 3 1/2-year old at camp ... well, not so excited about that part.





Here's a picture of the hotel my husband's managing. It's in South Bend, IN, which is where the famed University of Notre Dame is. We went and toured their campus in February when we came up to check this place out and decide whether this was somewhere we wanted to live.






I'll try to get some pictures of the area up soon. There is some really pretty scenery around here.

Our church is in Niles, MI. We love our little church. We're small but we're fired up and I believe this church has a shared vision about where we're headed. It's exciting. We're believing the Lord will do great things for Niles. Pray for us.

Well, some laundry's calling my name. I'll try to get those pics up soon. Take care, all.

7 comments:

kimi in mo said...

helo there, just random blog hopping, noticed you were from Missouri..but you moved on us. Hope you all are blessed on your new adventure. Have a great holiday weekend. Kimi

~Amy said...

Thanks, Kimi. Same to you

Rebekah Doran said...

Hey! Glad that you are back. :)

Wow, a big move. Looking forward to the pictures. That hotel looks REAL nice. It's good that you are all back together again.

Welcome back to blogland!

~Amy said...

Rebekah!!!! So good to hear from you. Yes, it's VERY good to be back together. And yep, another big move. I just don't know what to think about all this state-hopping we're doing. TN, GA, MO, and now IN!!!! It's crazy!!! (Well, TN was before we married, but we both lived in TN when we were engaged so it sort of counts.) :-)

The hotel is nice, but the troubles he's had to deal with with employees, etc ..... oh, boy. That's a different story.

Kasey said...

Woohoo! Hello!

Erika J. said...

welcome back sis amy!

~Amy said...

Hi, Kasey and Erica. Thanks for visiting. I'm excited to be back. :-)