Monday, July 14, 2008

Camp and Stuff

So here are some pictures of where we live. We've never lived in an apartment complex before and were apprehensive about it, but we weren't yet ready to buy and the apartments are nice. There are benefits to living in an apartment, which are a tremendous help to us right now, mainly no yard work or maintenance to the place. The other thing I'm loving about choosing to live here is that our gas and water is included in the rent payment, which will be a HUGE blessing this winter.

The apartment's very small, but there was a blessing that went along with that, as well. Because there's very little storage space, Anthony and I agreed that before we moved, we were downsizing A LOT. And when I say a lot, I mean MEGA-HUMUNGO. (ha--my made-up word for the day) To make a long story short, when we lived in Ringgold, GA, we lived in a beautiful 3 bedroom house and each move since then has been to a smaller place, but instead of throwing junk away, we always had a garage to use as storage. This time, no garage. 'Erego, we downsized. First we had a yard sale and were blessed to make around $600!!!! Praise the Lord for that!!! The rest we either donated to goodwill or threw it away. And we arrived in this tiny apartment with no more than what the small amount of storage here would hold. It felt soooooo good. Still does. I feel more organized and just ... dejunkified. So, so, so very happy. Why do people do that to themselves? It's ridiculous.

Anyway, so here are the aforementioned pictures:







It really is pretty here. And I'm still loving the mild summers. :-)

So we got back from our regional family camp and convention last weekend. The Lord was soooo good to us. Aparently it's been a couple of years since our region's had a camp, so we didn't have a large turn-out, but it was still good. They're getting back on their feet. I think we had around 25 at the camp and others who came to visit during the days. We stayed in a cabin that had individual rooms for each family, and we all fit in the one cabin, which was great for fellowship. Jackson had a blast. I only wish there'd been a few more kids closer to his age. There was only one other. But still he had fun.

Each night the evening services were power packed. The Holy Ghost moved in incredible ways and all were blessed. I believe I have my numbers correct that there were three saved, two of which went on to sanctificaton, and nine water baptized. There were also claims of victories over strongholds and healing ... physical and spiritual. The Lord impressed Anthony to preach on having victory over fear. Great messages. Praise the Lord!!! He's so good.

Our classes were great. As I mentioned before the theme was Peace and we learned about being peacemakers. One of the most eye-opening concepts to me that we learned was about being peace fakers, which is just as bad as being a peace breaker. The peace fakers are the ones who pretend there's no problem when there is. They want to smooth things over or run away from the conflict, which just allows the problem to fester. Great Bible teaching. It's important to know how to resolve conflicts Biblically ... very needful for all of us.

I want so badly to post some pictures from camp. And I had every intention of doing so. Yep, showed up with my camera ready to snap away ... until I realized my battery was nearly dead. Yep, it was my duh action for the event. Always gotta have one of those, you know. Still kicking myself. Hopefully, I can get some pictures emailed to me from some of the others who were there.

We went into our regional convention Saturday evening, which was also greatly blessed by the Lord. I'll go into that in my next post. Until then ...

3 comments:

Rebekah Doran said...

Your appts. look very nice. No yard work or maintenance is definately a plus!

Wow! 600 bucks. That's great! Downsizing, I'm wanting to do that soooo bad. We've got way too much stuff! One of our church member's here had to put most of their stuff in storage while they added a basement to their house. She said that she is alot more organized too. Maybe after we quit traveling I'll be able to clean and THROW things AWAY!!! :D

Enjoyed your convention/camp report. Peace fakers, now there's a thought. Very true though.

Bummer about those camera batteries. I have it on my list to pack for camp today, camera AND extra batteries. :)

~Amy said...

Bummer indeed. I was so upset with myself when I realized what I'd done. grrrrr.... :-)

Downsizing is great. I highly recommend it. :-)

cokelady said...

We got rid of a TON of stuff when we moved from Texas... but not enough! Ha! Seems you always have too much STUFF.

So good to hear about your Camp--it sounds wonderful!