Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy Birthday to ...

Sister Smith!!!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

Anthony took me out house hunting ... just in case we are moving ... again. *sigh* We've narrowed it down to two different apartment complexes. Both are nice, but one's just a bit nicer with a tiny bit higher price tag. We'll probably go with the more moderately priced one. Here's what we have to decide between:

little less: the goods: little bit better layout, brand new (awesome), tile floors in bath and kitchen
the bads: tad bit smaller, regular bathtubs, tiny dining room (need to get a new dining table), electric stove (not crazy about electric stoves), possible we may not get private entrance

little more: the goods: tad bit bigger, garden tubs (mmmmm.....), gas stove (I loooove cooking on gas), AWESOME walk-in closets (HUGE), nicer bathrooms, patio off the master bedroom (nice)
the bads: vinyl in kitchen/bathrooms (I HATE vinyl floors), a little more expensive, have to buy washer/dryer (doesn't come in apartment--We'll eventually have to do this anyway when we decide to buy a house, but we're not sure we're ready to do it just yet.)

So, we're trying to decide.

Anyway, it was a good day, but not exactly my "ideal" birthday trip. Oh, well. I'm getting my car detailed this weekend for my birthday present. That makes me VERY happy, so I'm good. :-D

Still pretty busy, so it'll probably be this summer before I get back to Blogland as a regular. We'll probably be moving, which means we'll be busy, but that'll be good fodder for some great pictures to post, so that'll be good, I guess.

There are some prospects in the Chicago area who have been in contact with The Church. A Hispanic family and an Assembly of God pastor with a possible 40 members who may follow if he decides to follow God. Wouldn't that be awesome? They'd be following their pastor as He follows God. How Biblical and theocratic and perfect. Pray, everybody, for these precious souls.

If we do move, it'll be close to Chicago. Hmmmm.... methinks God is up to something. :-)

Love ya'll.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll be praying!

~Amy said...

Thanks, Ryan. I appreciate it. I read on your blog that you have a new baby on the way. Congratulations to you and your wife! :-D

Montgomery's said...

Praying that God places you right where you need to be. Seems like when we pray that, God always puts us in the right place. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Please let me know when, if a church is organized there. My email is tcogpastor@gmail.com. We have some people in our region that live in the Portage area, and I could pass along the info. Possibly, it might be close enough to be a blessing to them as well.

~Amy said...

Oh, wow, Ryan. You don't know how that touched me. We've been praying for God to place us somewhere we can be used. Let's join in prayer together. I really believe God is about to do something amazing. Praise the Lord.

Sister Amy, I really appreciate your prayers as well. I so want to see the Church grow and I believe the time is short. God will put us in the right place.

Vicki Smith said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY to you, too! Thanks for the birthday greetings.
--I'll be praying for God to direct you guys. And I'm praying for your upcoming Retreat.

~Amy said...

Thanks, Sister Smith. :D

cokelady said...

Sooooo... any decisions as of yet? Will it be the "little less" or the "little more" or the "little did we know"???

Love you and am praying for you!

~Amy said...

Hi, Becki. He has an interview with the company on Thursday. Hopefully we'll know whether we'll be moving very soon thereafter.

Thanks for your prayers. HEY!!!! I've got an idea. You could come to Ladies' Retreat up here to be with all of us. Your mom's coming so you could see her, too. It's not, you know, that far. ;-) Sounds like a good idea, huh? :D