Sunday, May 06, 2007

Scrappin'

Yesterday morning I left my two sleepy-headed guys here at the house at around 8 and drove about 30 minutes East to my cousin Shawna's church where we met some other ladies for a morning of cropping, die-cuts, stamps, and stickers. It was their monthly scrapbook fellowship and it was loads o' fun. I got some more finished on Jackson's scrapbook that I very rarely get to work on and it felt really good to feel a little less behind than I am. I'm ready to work on fall 2006 pictures now, which is a big improvement; I had only progressed to winter 2005 before that, so I'm doing much better now. *big smile* And, I hate to say it, but it did feel pretty good to get away from the house by myself for a few hours. It's a huge rarity for me (except for work, of course) and it's pretty nice to get some time for girly stuff. That almost NEVER happens for me, so it was a big blessing. They do it first Saturday of every month, so I'm going to try to go at least every other month or so (maybe every month; we'll have to see) just so I can keep on top of my scrapbook.

I'll post some pics of what I did soon.

Does anyone know what Close to My Heart scrapbook products are? They are really beautiful and not terribly expensive (well, as far as scrapbook products go *nervous giggle) Anyway, I'm thinking of becoming a part-time consultant and was wondering if it's something that'd be of interest. It'd be fun to a do party if, say, we were out doing a revival in another part of the country. I don't know. Just a thought. I'd love to hear your ideas on that.

BTW, no one commented on my music. Is it playing when you get on my page? I was just wondering because I can hear it on my computer but I had one friend say it only plays a small portion of a song and then stops when she gets on my blog. I have around 10 songs loaded to it.

6 comments:

EmileeAnn said...

Hi Amy!
My name is Emilee Smith (Sister Vicki Smith pointed me to your blog)and I am a Close To My Heart consultant. Right now I am pretty much just a hobbiest which means I basically just take advantage of the discount to support my habit! I do love the products. The acrylic stamps are fantastic and our coordinating colors make scrapbooking so much easier. You can email me and I would be happy to give you whatever information you want.

emilee@thecomputersmith.net

Hope to hear from you soon!

~Amy said...

Hi, Emilee. That's neat that you're into that. I figured someone in the church probably does it, but I wasn't sure. I'll email you sometime and maybe we can talk about it. I have used some of their products and they are really great with the stamps and color coordinated papers and inks, but mostly I enjoy the quality of the products altogether. It's just good stuff. :-)

Kasey said...

My mom is a consultant for a different company. She hosts groups and all that jazz. Sister Katie. She is REALLY into it and does a great job. She tried to impart that to me...and well, it's just to time consuming for me. The music plays, but I didn't listen to the whole song though, just wanted you to know I hear it. :)

Rebekah Doran said...

That sounds like a great excuse to get away for a few hours. I would love to do scrapbooking someday.

I hear the music but since I normally read blogs at night, I have to mute it.

Anonymous said...

Hey woman,
The bubbie is absolutely adorable, but then he doesn't need some fancy paper to do that. But I must say it looks really great. So, you can come here and do one for Megan after all I would have 12 years to do. You think you're behind. ;0) I guess I'm the only one that can't hear the music. Not a word about that woman.

~Amy said...

12 years??? Ahhh, that's nothing. We can whip that out in just a week. (OK, that is if we work non-stop) ha ha ha

Maybe we can see what we can do to get ya' started when I come visit.