Wednesday, January 10, 2007

OK, so I've been out of pocket

It has been super busy around here for the past few weeks. Anthony's parents came for a few days' visit at Christmas, which was really nice. I had to finish my grades before school started back up ON THE SECOND. Ugh. Well, I had to start school back on the second; the kids came on the third. There's a lot to do when one's getting back into the swing of things, ya know?

Jackson had a super "spoil-a-little-man" Christmas. Let me see ... my mom got him puzzles and a little papasan chair for his room. He got several new outfits from my sister and Anthony's parents. Anthony's parents also got him a tricycle. My dad got him a cool dump truck that starts up when you shake it, a Disney movie, and a few other toys AND he sent money for a new carseat, which we'll get when we next make it to Springfield (the town two hours away to where we have to travel for anything besides a Super Wal-Mart, a rinky-dink JC Penney, a tiny Sears, and a brand new Goody's we just got in November). We desparately need the new carseat because Jackson likes to pull a Houdini act in the one he has now. The kid can get out of the thing lickety-split. Oh, it scares me half silly when I'm driving down the road and all of a sudden, I see my little boy crawling around in the back seat. Consistent spankings have been administered, but to no avail. Any suggestions out there? Anthony and I got him a Radio Flyer spring-loaded horse (my idea) and a Superman doll (Anthony's idea). He's a real Super Cowboy now when he and Superman are going for a ride. It's so cute. We've been trying to think of a name for the horse, but Anthony and I can't agree on one (don't ask how we settled on Jackson :-), so we just call him Horsey, which is what Jackson calls him.

Actually, I'm home today because he woke up a little croupy-sounding. I told Anthony I was going to keep him home and doctor him before it turned into something worse. Prayers would be greatly appreciated.

I'll post some pictures of Jackson on Horsey before long. Happy belated New Year, everybody.

By the way, whaddaya'll think about the new look?

0 comments: