Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like ....



. . . . Christmas


Well, here's our tree and you can see part of our table decorated. We're not quite finished with either one. The table needs a few finishing touches. It's a new one and there are a few things I want to add to complete the look. Then there's the tree. I'm sure you noticed it's missing a topper. I've been looking for a topper for a few months now to no avail. I even went to a HUGE arts and crafts show a couple weeks ago with a Christmas tree topper my only mission, but only a few of the booths had tree toppers, and the ones that did only had a few each. I didn't like any of them either. It's got to be just right, you know. If anyone is considering starting a career in arts and crafts, I think a booth with Christmas tree toppers would sell like hot cakes, and it's apparently something no one does because this show was spread out in five different convention center-type buildings; I mean, it was huge. There were vendors there from all over the country and I looked at probably 70% of the booths. I was really shocked that no one sold tree toppers.


As for the Jackson-with-the-Amish-hat pictures, I've been trying to transfer them from the camera onto the computer, but something keeps goofing it up. I thought I had the problem solved, but I think Becky's evil computer dwarf decided to pay our place a visit. I tell ya, the little twerp better watch it because I'm probably not as nice as Becky is. :-)



6 comments:

~Amy said...

I disabled comment moderation and just wanted to check and see if it was working.

cokelady said...

Hey Amy! Great Christmas decor. :-) What kind of a tree topper are you looking for? Or will you not know until you see it?!

Sorry the Computer Creep found you. Would you like for me to send over the official Blogger Bat to use one him???

Also... I don't seem to have a current address for you. You guys sure are hard to keep up with! ;-) If you could e-mail me your mailing address I would greatly appreciate it. ;-)

rebekah@thecomputersmith.net

Rebekah Doran said...

Hey!!! You got a Christmas background!!!! I like your tree.i

~Amy said...

Hi, Becky. I'm looking for either a gingerbread boy or girl or one of those great big fancy bows with the streamers going down each side. We used to have a bow like that, but when we moved this year, Anthony's company company paid for a moving company which was AWESOME, but we're pretty sure our bow got accidently chucked because we kept it in a big garbage bag with air caught in it so it didn't get smooshed. Anyway, it's nowhere to be found and that's the only thing we can think of that may have happened to it. I'm really bumming over that too because we bought it in Pigeon Forge and I had it specially made and chose the ribbon and everything. Ugh. Such is life.

Rebecca, yay, :-) I finally figured out how to change the template, and it's o.k., but I'm trying to find something neater. Any suggestions by anyone would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Sister Amy! I couldn't help but to read your comments about what you wanted for a tree topper and I think I may can help you out. Please e-mail me at mari.bradley.lo92@statefarm.com

Thanks!
Beth Bradley
Trumann, AR

Rebekah Doran said...

Goggle a background or wallpaper search for whatever "subject" you would like ex. Christmas trees. Jenna probably would be able to help you get it up on your blog once you find what you want.